PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 14, 2013

White Bean Turkey Chili...


 
Chili has to be one of my favorite dishes. You can add so many different spices and ingredients to customize the dish to your liking.

That's what it's all about.... making a dish your own.

Unless I'm following a certain recipe, I almost never make a soup, stew, or chili dish the same every single time. I may add more of this or less of that. I may also incorporate a new ingredient from time to time.

Cooking means allowing yourself to get creative in the kitchen. Once you have down the basics and different methods of cooking, you are limitless!

I think that's why I love it so much... along with the gratitude of feeding my family.

Tell me, why do you love to cook? Ponder, as you make this hearty and dare I say, healthy dish...


White Bean Turkey Chili

  • 1-2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Onion, Finely Diced
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic, Finely Minced
  • 1/2 Pound of Ground Turkey
  • 1 Teaspoon Finely Ground Sea Salt
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
  • 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
  • 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder (I like to use Carroll Shelby)
  • 2 (4 oz.) Cans of Fire Roasted Diced Green Chilies, Mild
  • 1/2 C. Green Salsa, Mild
  • 2 (15.5 oz.) Cans of White Beans, Rinsed and Drained
  • 1 (14.5 oz.) Cans of Chicken Broth, Low Sodium and Fat Free
Heat the olive oil on medium/low heat in a large Dutch Oven or soup pot. Saute the onion and garlic until soft, about 8 minutes. Add the turkey; break it up into very small pieces and brown. Add the salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder; mix to combine the flavorings. Add the diced chilies and salsa; mix to incorporate. 

Allow the ingredients to simmer for 5 minutes so the flavors meld. Gently fold in the white beans and taste to adjust all the seasonings. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and simmer the chili for 30 minutes. Serve with warm flour tortillas. Makes 4-6 servings. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...