PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Meat-a-balls...



We'll we've got one week of school down in our household and plenty more to go! My eldest has started the 7th grade and we decided to put her in an on-line public charter school for Middle School.

Translation:

She'll be home 3 out of 5 school days. Every. Single. Week.

Mind you, it is a little difficult adjusting to your child being home, when they previously attended school every day. Each day gets better, though. We are both new to this.

It'll all work...... It'll all work...... It'll all work. That is my daily mantra. I mean, the more I say it, the more it's apt to be true...... right? Anybody?

Anyway, all kidding aside, the curriculum is wonderful and as her learning coach I get to engage in her daily instruction. While that's great and all, it also means I better understand her lessons! I mean, I do have teacher guides for each subject to reference and I can contact her teacher with any questions. So, I'm not totally left in the dark!

Plus, I'm sorta hoping that college education I got almost 10 years ago, will kick in.


Meat-a-balls

  • 1 Pound of Ground Beef
  • 1-1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Season Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
  • 1/3 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/3 Cup of Italian Style Bread Crumbs
  • 1 Whole Egg
  • 1/2 Cup of Flour
  • 2-4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
In a medium or large bowl, combine the beef, salt, season salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, parmesan, bread crumbs, and egg. Gently roll into 1-1/2 inch balls. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to half an hour. Dredge the chilled meatballs in flour. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Brown the meatballs without over crowding the pan. Add more oil if needed. Place your browned meatballs in simmering spaghetti sauce to finish cooking, about 20 minutes. Serve over spaghetti or your favorite pasta. 

Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. I love home-made meatballs! These look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I don't have a good recipe for homemade meatballs, so I'll be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some good looking meat-a-balls!

    And, can I please switch with your kid? I would love to stay home 3 out of 5 days from work and work from home. sounds glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about meatballs all day. I didn't make them, mind you, but I've been thinking about them. I like the looks of your recipe, the fact that it has dried oregano is of particular interest since I grow and dry my own.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... leave a comment... oh, and thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...